Part time Business Support Administrator required for Bristol Nordic Walking
What can we offer you..?
An interesting role in a professional and fun fitness company run by Vicky Welsh and Ros Ingleby. We started in 2010 with one instructor and now in 2019 we have grown to 9 professional instructors, we run over 30 walks each week with around 500 Nordic walkers and we’ve expanded into courses and holidays. As we are a small business we like to try new things so your job will be to keep us organised and running smoothly, plus you’ll play a big role in customer care. Our constantly changing business means your role will always be varied and you’ll need to embrace organisation and be happy with detail.
As well as being the stabilising force that keeps the club running smoothly your role may grow into more. We’ll teach you all about Nordic walking so you are confident to talk with clients and if we keep expanding we’ll need you to manage more staff that come on board. We’re a friendly, forward thinking team and we look forward to welcoming a new member to help us streamline, improve and expand.
- You’ll be the main point of contact for our customers in regard to general queries, bookings and customer satisfaction.
- Working with instructors to ensure scenic walks, workshops, courses and holidays run smoothly.
- Streamlining our business by creating systems, processes and training manuals, plus ensuring compliance with data protection regulations and insurance requirements.
- You’ll manage our online booking system to ensure a smooth customer experience, adding events and bookings and helping us with customer retention strategies.
- Daily management of the company websites.
- Monthly invoicing and uploading into accounts system.
- Collating basic statistics and reports from our online booking system.
- Helping us put together and roll out marketing, PR and social media strategies (Facebook/Twitter).
- Basic event organisation and ad hoc project work.
Skills we are looking for:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills. You must enjoy dealing with the public as you will be the first point of contact.
- You must enjoy being highly organised and have good attention to detail.
- Good computer literacy skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook.
- You are happy to make decisions and are self-driven. You will be working with one of our owners on most days and another Business Support Manager each Wednesday. Some days you will work alone.
- We may ask you to attend occasional ad-hoc events such as club socials out of working hours.
- You do not need to be into fitness as this is an administrative role.
We have two roles available:
Mon to Wed 9am–12pm and Wed to Fri 9am-12pm. Please let us know which you would like to apply for.
We work in Raw Space on Gloucester Road which is a co-working space.
You will receive 5.6 weeks holiday per year pro rata
Starting as soon as possible.
Wage will be £10 per hour with a wage review after 3 months.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and if successful we’ll contact you to organise an initial phone interview. Applications must be sent by July 16th. The next step will be a face to face interview with the owners between 24-26th July.
Nordic Walking Instructors Required
Nordic walking is becoming more and more popular in the wonderful cities of Bristol and Bath, so we are always on the lookout for new instructors to join our friendly team.
Bristol Nordic Walking is the biggest NW club in the UK and offers group Nordic walks, 1-1’s, courses, longer scenic walks, NW challenges and trips throughout the UK and abroad. So if you are a level 2 or 3 fitness professional, have a fun outgoing personality, enjoy teaching outdoors and want another string to your bow we'd love to hear from you.
You will need to attend a Nordic Walking Instructors weekend course which you will need to fund, or we can pay for and work out a repayment schedule through your upcoming walks, but once you’ve learnt the skill you have it forever, and Nordic walking is something you can continue to teach into the future. There are several training centres which run these (such as British Nordic Walking - see their course here).
We will support you in becoming the best instructor you can be by giving you regular training and ongoing support, so if you'd like more info on this fantastic role please contact Ros on email@example.com for more details or call her on 07886885213 for an informal chat.