We’ve a fun charity quiz night coming up in October in the events room at the Gloucester County Cricket ground and we’d love to get as many of the club together for it. The room can seat up to 125 people and the views of the ground are excellent. You can either bring your own team of five or just book on and we will allocate you a team. Friends are welcome but our only rule is if you have a team of five there must be at least two Bristol/Bath Nordic Walkers per team. Click here to find out more.
As a warm-up act, here’s some testers of your local Bristol knowledge. I'll do a Bath quiz another week:
- What famous publishing house began in Bristol?
- Why is M Shed so called?
- What is this building, where is it and what was it used for?
- Which famous writer was married in Clifton?
- What well known soft drink was invented in Long Ashton?
- Who is this stone head in Ashton Court of?
- The Observatory by Clifton Suspension Bridge was originally something else. What?
- In Blaise Estate there are two caves. Can you name them?
- What is special about this book in the M Shed?
- Ashton Court is home to three types of deer. Can you name them?
- Do you know the name of the artificial stone that was used to landscape the area around Abbots Pool?
- What is this building and what was it used for?
I hope you have fun. Answers next week!